Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25, 2016

Monday

Today we got to sleep in. I got to just sit in a rocking chair and enjoy the view. Mikki and Randy came over and the boys were shooting clay pigeons. Kurt never shot before and he hit five in a row! Great job Kurt!

After relaxing, I did laundry and started packing. I packed Charlie's stuff, and my stuff, and some food, and before I knew it, it was time to leave. We all went to Rainbow Hills Winery, which was close by and were treated again to supper. It was a beautiful place and another wonderful meal. 

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but our hostess at the house had stocked the fridge for us, and almost everywhere we ate we were given more food. I think I gained 10 pounds the first part of the trip and 10 more this weekend. I'll have to start walking twice a day!

After we ate and visited for a while it was time for us to get on the road. Here we split up; Tom, Charlie, Callie, Violet, and I going to NY, and everyone else will be going on to Iowa, Nashville, and then we will meet them in Virginia before we all head back to the Keys.

Mikki and Randy were supposed to leave today but had RV trouble and stayed to get it fixed. The band has another day to relax in Coshocton and they will leave Wednesday for Iowa.




No comments:

Post a Comment