Friday, August 5, 2016

August 4, 2016

Thursday

This morning I took the kids into Hamburg. We went to the bank and I must say it was a very pleasant experience. I never do the banking anymore. The tellers were very friendly and the kids were good. Then we walked over to Spot Coffee. I got Charlie a breakfast sandwich. It was a treat for him because he was so disappointed that we didn't go to Stacey's.

When we got home I started packing the food. We came up here with one bin of food but we are going back with two. I packed one bag with all the oatmeal fixins' and another with snacks for tomorrow's drive. I made gluten free peanut butter cookies for Callie and some meal bars made with peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and some other stuff.

With that done, I cut out the last pieces for Rosette #3. I started taking suitcases, food bins, and fiddles out to the driveway and left them in the shade of the truck.  (The band has the equipment trailer with them and we are towing TJ and Angelica's camper. We are meeting up with the band and Ang and Jake in VA).

I snuck a swim by myself and then watched the kids swim. Tom came home from work and hooked up the camper to the truck. He loaded the stuff I had left in the driveway and tried to figure out what was leaking on my dad's driveway. 

I made supper and it started to rain. Got the kids to bed and I slept for about 1 1/2 hours and then couldn't sleep. I have a sore throat. I tried for a long time to sleep but couldn't so I finally decided to catch up on my blog. 

I am all caught up now and it's 5 AM. We had planned on leaving at 7 AM for Pulaski, VA. Maybe we will leave earlier. 

I had a few more friends I would have liked to visit. I guess I will try to write some letters and try again next summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment