Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 10 & 11, 2013

I spent Friday sewing while the boys did their schoolwork. I hemmed my dress, took in Angelica's dress, added straps to Naomi's and fixed her zipper, and altered Ben's vest.

The band played at Sunset Grill and I took the little boys to movie night at church.

Saturday

Today was Tom's birthday. I got him a new watch, with Kim and Doug's help, just like the one I got him when we got married. I gave it to him first thing in the morning.

We packed all our dress-up clothes (and swimsuits) in the trailer and headed out to Casa Marina for the Mel Fisher Investment Party. Nina took pictures of us all dressed up but I haven't seen them yet.

They were finishing the stage when we got there, and we got to watch the decorations go up, everything silver and sparkly. The flowers on the tables were gorgeous.

The kids swam in one of two pools. It was on the ocean with the beach right next to us with hammocks hanging from palm trees. Rob showed up with lots of fudge from Kilwin's, and I ate way too much. Jake and Charlie were super cute in their knickers, suspenders, and newsboy hats. Callie wore a pretty silver poofy dress in which she had a great time playing in the sand.

Angelica had a fever and didn't feel well. She did start to feel better after she took some medicine. Callie didn't get to play her piano because it got late and she fell asleep. I'm afraid it wasn't much fun for Angelica, but I'm glad she stayed.

The Newton's performed and Liza too. It was a fun night and we all went home exhausted.









No comments:

Post a Comment