Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 29, 2016

Sunday

I woke up after 3 hours or sleep and couldn't fall back asleep. My eyes were killing me. I finally got dressed and packed up my stuff. My dad took me to Kmart in Wind Gap and I got some stuff for my eyes. My mom had some drops too. The skin around my eyes was so raw I finally tried Vaseline and it helped some. 

Check out was 11 o'clock so I woke everyone up. TJ called and said we left Charlie's fiddle at the festival so we drove over to get it. One last goodbye and we got on the road. 

It was a 26 hour drive. Usually we all look forward to long drives. We get to verge and I always have projects to work on. Not so this time. We were all very hot and miserable due to the weather and the broken AC, so the windows had to be down and it was so noisy. I had finished my paper piecing (a new quilt project) that I had brought with me and I planned on finishing a sweater I was knitting. I also wanted to listen to some lectures but I couldn't focus on anything or concentrate. 

Once while Ben was driving there was sparks coming out from under the truck. It had something to do with the AC and they cut a belt toake it stop. We stopped for breakfast with John T. in Fort Pierce for an hour. I had Ed get me a giant cup of ice and I filled a sock with ice and held it on my eyes for hours.

We drove straight thru, 26 hours, with quick gas stops and just that one meal. We are tough and maybe a little dumb. 

So glad to be home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment