Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 7, 2013

Friday

We tried to leave my parent's house at 6:30 AM but didn't leave till a little after 7 for The Wind Gap Bluegrass Festival in Wind Gap, PA. My parents went too with their pop-up camper. Garrett and Tommy rode with them since we had 2 too many people for our van. It was a 5 1/2 hour drive.

About an hour into the drive, we found out that Tom couldn't remember the name of the hotel where he made the reservations. We searched emails for a reservation confirmation. Nothing. Nothing jogged his memory. Finally, he called Verizon and Ed was able to go online and look through calls to find the right area code. He found it and we were so glad.

We went to the festival first. We watched AJ play with the Tuttle's and then Angelica's set. Three kids stayed at the festival with grandma and the rest of us went to the hotel. Most of the kids went out to eat supper but Tom, Tommy , and I didn't. I had yogurt and a PBJ for supper and I wasn't real happy about that but I got over it.

We had 4 rooms. TJ with his family and Nina and Naomi in one. Kim and Doug in one. Ed, Joe, Ben, and their friend Nate in another. And Tom, Tommy and I in the last. Tom and Tommy watched TV too late. They woke me up at least 3 times, but I was thankful to be sleeping in a comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment