Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 30, 2014

Saturday

I slept in till 9:30. That felt good, but it shortened my day. The band went to their gig at Sunset Pier. Tommy went with them. I watered my plants and sewed. 

I'm still trying to get caught up with laundry. On Tuesday the boys cleaned out their room. It was really bad in there. I should have taken a pic. We had two sets of triple bunks, and another bunk with a full on the bottom and a twin on the top. They took out a triple and opened up the middle of the room. They kept a mattress that slides under one of the beds for when someone sleeps over. Ed and Garrett are sleeping on a bunk in a spot that we used to call "the computer nook." It would have made a great schoolroom, but there's no windows and I would hate being in there all day. Anyways,  all that bedding and dirty clothes from the floor, backed up the laundry big time.

I went over and hung out with Ang and the kids a little, then went to the studio and wove with Kim for 2 hours. While I was gone, Bobby picked up Charlie and they went to the KOA to go swimming. I went home, got some money, and went to WInn Dixie for groceries. It was going on 9:00 when I got home. I started supper while putting groceries away, cut up two watermelon, made the salad. I made Pad Thai. The boys had gone to the park to play hockey and they came back while I was still making supper. We ate, but it was late. Tommy and Garrett did dishes. 

Tj is letting me borrow Angelica's banjo. They are thinking of selling it. It's a Nechville open back banjo. Really pretty. I want it, but whenever I practice I never get any better. I'll keep trying though, if I can squeeze in some practice time. At about 1 AM I played it. I was tired, but all day I wanted to play it, so I finally did before going to bed, and of course, when I finally got to bed, I couldn't fall asleep.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Ed set a bug killing bomb off in our van last night. This morning when they went to leave they had to get a broom to sweep out the dead cockroaches! Disgusting! Gross! I can't believe we were riding around in it with all those cockroaches. Creepy! Ugh!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment