Friday, September 26, 2014

September 25, 2014

Thursday 

I went walking this morning. We had an unusual day. Didn't get much school done. Tom and Tommy went to the dentist. I made frosting and frosted Callie's cupcakes. Then I took Charlie, Garrett, Ian, and Ariel to buy a few last inure things for Callie's party. When we got home we wrapped presents, packed it up, and took it all to the church. 

Rob and Anastasia brought Tommy with them so he wouldn't miss the party. Tom came shortly after. The party was fun. Even Bobby came. I should have gotten a pic of everyone. 

Tom and I came home. Charlie went to Shannon's. All the other kids stayed at the church getting ready for youth group. Tom went back over to church to chaperone. I did laundry and went thru 4 bins in my closet and got them down to 3. They have fabric for quilting. 

I made sweet potato black bean tacos for supper. I am tired of making and dealing with food right now. I need a giant steamer for vegetables. Does anyone make something like that? Just making frozen vegetables for us takes a few turns in the microwave, and by then the first batch is cold. I miss my Missouri kitchen. Our kitchen here doesn't even fit a table for us to sit at. Our living room furniture should fall apart in about 2 years. When it does I'll replace it with a kitchen table and forget the living room. 

Garrett and Tommy did dishes again. I read to Tommy and Charlie. We've got to get to bed earlier. 

3 comments:

  1. I think Hamilton Beach makes a nice multi layer steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also bamboo steamers work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, Angelica showed me a strainer for a 20 qt. pot. I didn't know theyade such things. Thanks :0)

      Delete