Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30, 2014

Tuesday

Tom woke me up because he couldn't find his car keys. :0( He and Garrett had an early appointment at the dentist. I tried going back to sleep but it didn't work. So I got up and went through my morning routine. I went walking. 

I made oatmeal for Ed and I. He made some drinks with the juicer. Nina took Charlie and Ariel to their fiddle lessons. I went over a math lesson with Tommy and he did his Great Books class. 

After Garrett came home from the dentist we went to PE class in Marathon. Ariel went with us today. When it was over we hurried home to get back to our schoolwork, but when we got home everyone was hungry. They made tuna fish sandwiches and I made some spaghetti. I ate leftover millet with mushroom gravy and a piece of toast with jelly. Not the best lunch. The day is just better with a yummy lunch.

 Now it was 4:30. The big kids went to vocal lessons in Key West. I had Garrett and Tommy do their math and I rested in my room. About 6 I finally decided what to make for supper. I got a few things ready, then went to Winn Dixie for more food. Charlie and I bought some donuts. I never buy donuts so it was a treat. We ate them in the car, then went home. 

The boys were getting ready for hockey when we got home. Rob helped bring groceries up. I started supper. I made vegan lasagna. The cheese part was actually tofu mixed with spices and lemon juice. Before I went shopping I made a sausage crumble out of textured vegetable protein and spices, to resemble Italian sausage, one of my favorite things. Thank you John & Mary's (WNY). I wasn't sure the lasagna would taste good, but it was a hit. There was only one piece left. We also had watermelon and a salad. It might have been the last watermelon of the year. 

I had Garrett clean up the kitchen. Oh, speaking of Garrett, he never did his math yesterday, did a lousy job mowing, and when we got home at 11 o'clock last night the kitchen was a mess and so was the living room. So Garrett will now be going with us to the Monday night gig at Sloppy's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment