Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23, 2013

I went for my walk this morning. I have tomorrow off. Yay! Two very friendly dogs greeted me on my way to the park. They escaped from someone's house or yard. No collars. One was a Dalmatian and the other little dog.

I did some bookkeeping. 

Nina's band played at Sunset Pier this afternoon. The rest of us went to a memorial service at church. Next, I went to Kim's and threaded the reed for an hour. The band headed to Hogfish with the little boys, and Kim and I met them there. It was Kim's first gig since she went on maternity leave. I watched Stevie there while she played and sang the first set.  I was going to go home when she left, but Tommy and Aaron wanted to go home, and there wasn't enough room for them and the little boys and me in Kim's car. Plus Rob was there and I didn't want to take off if he was going to stay for a while. So Kim left with Tommy and Aaron. I stayed till the last set and then headed for home with Charlie, Ian, and Ariel.

I did a little more bookkeeping and then had the boys start getting ready for bed. Tommy was being a pain, arguing with Garrett, so I had him go to my room and fold a basket of laundry. We put it away and then I read "Sweet Betsy from Pike" to Charlie and Ian. It's one of my favorites. It was almost midnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment