Friday, November 8, 2013

November 8, 2013

I had an early start again today. I was back from my walk and showered by 9 am. Last week I started running for 30 seconds during my walk. This week I bumped it up to 1 minute. I've always disliked running. Next week I'll add 30 more seconds. 

 I made pancakes for everyone and the kids picked chores. Then we started school. Garrett and Tommy did a good job today but Charlie whined and complained. It makes it not fun and makes me wish someone else was teaching them and I could spend the time doing other things I want to do.

I packed for Charlie to go on a 3 day trip with Mel and her family. Bobby went too. They are going to a water park and ice skating I think. Anyways, Charlie watched a scary movie at Mel's house last night, and today he was scared of the vents in the house, which are in the ceiling. As we were getting his clothes from my closet, he looked up and started freaking out and ran from the closet. I thought he was just being dumb from the movie again, but I looked up and there was a cockroach on the ceiling of the closet. I will never get used to cockroaches. :0(

After Charlie was all packed, I hugged him goodbye and I went to Kim's. We got another wrap on the loom and she started weaving. I went home, hoping Tom and I could do something together. I texted him earlier and he never answered. Today was a rare Friday off. Charlie was gone. Garrett and Tommy were at church. The big kids were in Key West. Tom wasn't home, and I was home alone. Not what I had in mind. I should have stayed at Kim's.

I laid down for a while but couldn't sleep. I finally got up and cleaned off the kitchen table and the island in the kitchen. I did not want to spend this little bit of free time cleaning, but I didn't have anything else to do. I was just grumpy.

I finally did some knitting, folded a load of wash and put it away. Then I went to bed. Not the night I hoped for at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment