Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 23, 2014

Friday

I got up early and went to Blue Heaven again to hold Violet during the gig. TJ, Ed, Nina, and Ang went. 

We found an empty parking spot across from Blue Heaven, but TJ needed to turn around to park there, so I got out and stood in the spot. Before TJ got there another car wanted to park there. I shook my head no, but they started to pull in anyways. The woman rolled down her window and told me how rotten I was, stealing their spot. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about. She said that they were right in front of us, and that I saw them and knew they were coming for this spot. I told her I didn't see her, and still didn't know what she was talking about, but go ahead and park here then. 

By that time TJ was back. I told him that they were there first, but I was so bothered by how nasty she was to me, that I walked back around the car and asked her why she had to be so nasty to me. (Very unlike me). Her husband answered and said she had a bad day. I walked around the vehicle again to go back to TJ's truck, and noticed that they had Goergia plates and the parking spot was a resident spot, so I walked over to the driver's window. He put the window down and I told him he couldn't park there anyway because it's a resident spot. He said, "Where does it say that?" I answered, "On the pavement." They drove off and we parked there.

I told Ang they probably wanted to park there because they were going to Blue Heaven. Sure enough, before the first song started they sat down in front of the stage waiting for their table. Awkward.

I was holding Violet, and thought, this is horrible. I knew they must be feeling awkward too, so I went over and talked to them. I apologized. They apologized. It all ended well.

We went home after the gig, I got home at 3:45. The band had to leave for Schooner Wharf at 4:30. I planned to go later. The younger boys went to a movie at church. I went to Kim's studio and wove till 8. I beat the boys home from the movie and we left for Schooner about 8:35. I called Tom when we left and he told me I should just stay home, so I turned around and went home. Yay! An evening at home.

I made popcorn. Did a little laundry. Garrett had two friends over. Tommy and Charlie went to bed, but Garrett and his friends didn't listen. I wanted them in bed at midnight. The band got home about 2:30 am and I put Joe in charge of bossing them around. I slept horribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment