Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Monday

I got up at 8, had some quiet time, and went walking. I did not want to eat oatmeal but ate it anyway. I didn't want to do the dishes but did them anyway. I didn't really want to do school, but did it anyway.

School ended up being easier today because Ed needed Garrett's help at his lighting gig on Little Palm Island. So I couldn't do all the subjects we do together.  At 2:30 I started scrambling to make food to eat on the way to Sloppy's.  I made a salad and a hummus, cucumber, and tomato wrap. I also made some kale and veggie soup but decided to save that for tomorrow.

We were just a few blocks from Sloppy's when we saw a man get hit by a car. He walked right into the road without looking. Not at a crosswalk either. He got up and stumbled to the curb and sat down. There were plenty of people around  so we continued on to work.

We had a different show tonight, lots of special guests. Kim came for the first set. Nina's band played the second set, with Ben and Kurt, and Nina's dad sang with them on the last song.

When Ang was pregnant with Callie, she sang at Sloppy's the day before Callie was born, so we are hoping the same thing happens again. She is ready.

The last set the kids' friend, Cody, sang a song he wrote. Jake and Callie were super tonight. Callie fiddled and danced and stomped her foot kind of to the bear. Jake rocked all night. 

Tom went thru the McDonald's drive-thru on the way home and I just couldn't resist. I had a hot fudge Sunday. 

Ed and Garrett will get home later than us. Oh, the musician they are doing lights for is Dr. John. I didn't know who he was but googled him. Quite impressive.

I'm adding a pic of us walking to Duetto's for gelato and affagato. :0)









No comments:

Post a Comment