Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014

Wednesday

I spent some time this morning looking at two more subjects for Garrett's schoolwork next year, literature and grammar. I went in the hot tub and then took care of breakfast.  The older kids were very noisy, getting ready for a gig up in Miami. They will come home late tonight. 

We did school from 11-4. Tommy and Charlie went to art class at 3. At 4:30 I dropped Charlie off at TJ's to play with Jake and Callie. I went to Kim's studio and wove. We ordered a pizza, something we don't ordinarily do. I had a craving. I havent had cheese in a long time. Anyways, I finished the last wrap on a loom and cut it off for the first time. 

We are getting ready for some dyeing projects. I am planning some dish towels and a scarf. It's been two or three years since we had a dyeing party. The last time was with Laurel in Springville. 

I went to church but ended up leaving. Ang wasn't feeling well and I went over to take the kids to church, but decided to just stay and watch the kids there. They are getting ready for a trip to CA. 

When I got home Tommy had finished his math like he was supposed to, but Garrett the bum never even started his. More Saturday schoolwork. I corrected Tommy's math, cleared off the table, moved laundry along, and then read Farmer Boy to Tommy and Charlie. We are almost done. We are going to read "Little Britches" next. It's a true story of a family that moves out to Colorado to be ranchers. It's the first in a series of 8. I read them all to the older kids and they are a favorite.

Which reminds me, Garrett, Tommy, and I just finished reading "Across the Plains in 1844." It's a true account of the Whitman massacre by Catherine Sager. Tomorrow we start "Left by the Indians," another true story. Then we will have to read something about the Donner party, and then we will be finished with the Oregon Trail. I have a good book about Lewis and Clark that we never got to last year, that I want to read. I also have a book coming about Marcus and Narcissa Whitman Mission. So maybe we won't be finished just yet.

I have so many things to do and not enough time at home. I want to start a new baby dress to embroider on. I asked Ed to set up an Etsy sight for me to sell the dresses. I have four done. He doesn't have much time either. We will see what happens with that.





No comments:

Post a Comment