Friday, October 3, 2014

October 2, 2014

Thursday

We all slept in after our late night gig at Schooner. I did school.  In the evening I watched Jake, Callie, and Violet while TJ and Angelica went with the youth group to play ultimate frisbee at the park. Charlie went to Shannon's and all the other boys went to the park. Tom and Rob skated.  

I didn't make any supper. After TJ picked up the kids Tom and I went to Boondock's for supper. It was 9:30. I didn't think they would still be serving dinner but they were. I was sooo hungry. 

When we were about to leave Tom got a phone call and handed it to me to answer. It was not a nice call. Ben had gone to pick up Charlie but he didn't have his phone. He waited outside, but couldn't go in. They have a fence and dogs, so he revved his motorcycle to let them know he was there. So this guy called Tom to rant and rave about how dumb Ben is. I told him, yes, that was dumb, and that I wouldn't send Ben to get him anymore, and that it wouldn't happen again, and that I was sorry. 

I almost sent Ben a text scolding him, but didn't. I knew that Ben hadn't wanted to get him in the first place, and I was grateful that Ben picked him up for me, so Tom and I could go on a date. So I let it go.  When we got home, Ben told us what happened. I had thought the guy was just complaining to me, but he had run out of his house at Ben and cussed him out too. It was 10 PM. Disappointed but glad it didn't get any uglier. It almost ruined my night, but let that go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment