Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 12, 2015

Friday

I slept so bad last night. I think when I have to get up so early I sleep bad, just knowing it's coming. I got up and woke people up. Packing up was easier than I thought it would be. The boys had loaded some stuff after I went to bed. We took care of bedding and towels, collected wet swimsuits from outside, cleaned up the kitchen, collected odds and ends, and pulled out about 7:15, only 45 minutes behind schedule, which is great for us.

We drove for about 6 hours to the Wind Gap, PA bluegrass festival. It's always so pretty to drive through western NC and Virginia, PA too. 

Angelica had a set around 9 PM with the boys backing her up. They all did a great job and her set was so fun. I also got to see Valerie Smith and James King, both musicians that have influenced our family. James King needs a liver transplant. So sad to see him like that.

It was very late when we left the festival. We were all exhausted and Tom drove crazy, winding roads to the camp where we spent the night. Our 5 gallon water cooler fell and dumped from the van when we got there. We were all dehydrated. :0( We threw blankets and pillows on the mattresses and tried to sleep. It was hot and stuffy in the rooms. TJ's family decided to sleep in the van, Uncle Jack too. Earlier Doug Yeomans brought Emma and her friend Julia out to the festival and they stayed with us at the camp too. 

I just couldn't sleep. Horrible night. TJ called me at 5:30 AM to find out what room we were in. He wanted to use the bathroom. I was really struggling, trying to shake a bad attitude.






No comments:

Post a Comment