Friday, August 2, 2013

August 2, 2013

Friday

It was just too hot out this morning so I didn't walk. I was planning on swimming but never got to it. Maybe tomorrow.

I paid some bills and did some bookkeeping on the computer. I think I'm getting somewhere. I have all my bank statements entered and reconciled, and 3 out of 4 credit cards entered, and two of those reconciled. It took a little longer than I thought and I didn't get to my embroidery or swimming.

Tom called me earlier in the day and had me take the keys over to the RV so a man could look at it. Then I stopped at Winn Dixie and bought lettuce and watermelon. Ben and Bobby stopped at a friend of Tom's and picked up 3 bikes and a total gym that Tom bought. The bikes look beat but Tom can probably bring them back to life. 

I ordered 3 life jackets so we can go kayaking soon. I also ordered an Alfred Adult piano book. Ed, Joe, and Nina all want lessons. A long time ago I taught piano lessons.

We went to our gig at the Hurricane. We ate pizza! We haven't had pizza for two weeks. It's a Doerfel world record! I crocheted a starfish. The pattern was impossible so I made up my own. The next one should be better. 

I got to leave the gig early with Tommy and Charlie, 11:20 PM. The boys played some video games and I talked on the phone till 1 AM. Then it was lights out. I wanted us in bed before the band got home.



2 comments:

  1. Years ago, as a teacher I attended a workshop on the myths of the "gifted". The things I learned from the presenter have stuck with me. One I identify with the most was the discussion that a lot of multi-gifted people spend their lives in frustration by having a "I want to do this, and I want to do that" list from painting to writing to crafts to design to music to theory to science to cooking to building to theater to sculpture and or any of the offshoots of any area of interest or innate "gifts". The list actually grows with age for many. Therefore to rid one's self of this frustration - which can even become debilitating - one has to realize that his or her life is about murder, meaning killing off many talents as the years pass. Some can pick two, say music and art, and be satisfied. According to those interviewed, considered to be "gifted" in one of more areas, it's all about the feelings, or a business, or passion that develops. Focus on the favorites, but others might have to be limited. Huh? Life will just be too short to engage in every one, therefore those achieving the highest level of happiness while using their gifts, actually learn to become murderers! And it's never easy, but as the years go by, those never done or reached do get scratched off the list. At age 67 I know I have whittled down my list of "I want to's", but it's okay. Those I pursue satisfy me. You seem like one who definitely has an ongoing list as a woman of many talents and interests! Congratulations on all that you do manage to enjoy in your busy, busy life all the while taking charge of your family(s). To keep your own interests and talents in your daily life is commendable and as I'm sure you know, absolutely essential to your own personal happiness. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, I wholeheartedly agree! And good timin for your comment. I just told Kim this week that I need to decide/pick those hobbies that I want to keep doing and devote my time to those. Some take up too much time, and am I using my time wisely doing those ones. Is it worth it?

      Very timely,
      Thanks :0)

      Delete