Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 1, 2013

Thursday

Today was the third day of three in a row. It seems that whenever I have time to do things I lack ambition. Today was like that. 

I walked 4 miles this morning. I wanted to look at a house for sale so I walked there and back. The more I walk around this island the smaller it gets. It was a beautiful day, sunny, hot, and breezy. Ben moved the porch umbrella for me, over to my hammock chair so I could sit in the shade. The plants on the porch are looking pretty good.

I cut out a baby dress and sewed and ironed tucks. I drew embroidery patterns on them. I'm having a hard time deciding on colors. A part of me wants crazy, loud colors, and a part of me wants pink and green. Maybe I'll try pink, green, and lilac. I am excited to try some variegated floss too.

I made a salad with strawberries and quinoa for supper. After the boys played hockey I added watermelon to the meal. Nina and Garrett also made mac and cheese.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Tom bought a second kayak on Tuesday, $100 on craigslist. I can't wait to go out. It won't be tomorrow, Tom has to work. And Saturday is filled with gigs. 

Anyways, Rob  joined the boys for hockey. Later in the evening  some of Kurt's friends came over with ice cream and cones. That was a yummy treat and I got to visit with their mom. I also worked on my bobbin lace some more. I'm not sure I want to devote so much time to it. I need to decide which crafts I get the most enjoyment out of and stick with them. I just like to try so many different things. 

I want to try a little thicker thread with my Irish crochet. I need to make a pillow with all the things I am making. I threw a piece out today. I'm a little disappointed with it. But I'm not ready to give up yet, with the Irish crochet or the bobbin lace.

Charlie slept over at Shannon's but Tommy came home. Hopefully Ben will have the dishes done by the time I get up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment