Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 22, 2013

Thursday 


I turned off my alarm this morning and fell back asleep. That put me an hour behind today. But I was able to adjust. I skipped my walk and decided to go to the aerobics class later at church.


It was a full school day. The three younger boys finished everything, and Kurt had a meltdown because he doesn't want to do the science experiments. Blah blah blah. I'm sticking to my guns. We're doing them. 


I made spicy black bean soup for lunch. Their taste buds are changing. They ate it and liked it. Back in the old days I could never get them to eat soup, except chicken noodle.


Right when we finished school, TJ brought up the grandkids for me to watch so they could go to their gig at Blue Heaven. I tried clearing off the kitchen table and then got Ben and Joe to watch the kids so I could go to the aerobics class. It took 40 minutes. I left there and hurried to Winn Dixie for some groceries. I was out of there in 28 minutes.


At home the boys were getting ready for hockey. Rob was here. I carried all the groceries up the stairs and put it away while starting supper and clearing messes. I made spinach spaghetti noodles, marinara sauce with broccoli in it, a salad, and cut up a watermelon. Tommy and Charlie had gone to a friend's house but we had two hockey guests. 


While doing the dishes Callie started hanging on my leg so I knew she was ready for bed. I took her downstairs and sat with her in my lap on the rocking chair and she quickly fell asleep. I was going to read some of Kurt's science but TJ and Ang got home and I went upstairs. The Zack Brown band was at their gig. 


The science books are back at my feet. I don't think I'll get to them tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment