Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013

Set the alarm for 7:30 this morning and went to Joe's Dr. appt. I really like the Doctor. Joe has some decisions to make, whether to take meds or not.

We dropped Joe off at Newton's house and then went to Home Depot. I bought two plants. Tom did some of his jobs on the way home. We stopped at Kim's to say hi.

Tom worked on the RV. I took a few minutes off and sat in my chair and crocheted. I had two ideas while we were driving to Key West this morning. The first was that I should start teaching piano lessons again. The second was an idea for a new toddler dress. I had the pattern picked out but couldn't decide on the embroidery. I wanted bright, Keysie colors but no ideas came. Today the ideas came but you will have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I have to finish the dress that I started when I couldn't get my finger on the right embroidery. This one is pretty but very similar to the last one, a white dress with pink flowers and green leaves. It's a favorite of mine.

I ate leftover salad and quinoa. I usually eat my salad with no dressing but today I wanted some. I made poppyseed dressing out of coconut yogurt, poppy seeds, and a little honey, and I liked it!

I stayed home to babysat Jake and Callie so TJ and Ang could go to their gig at Blue Heaven. Then the band left for Schooner Wharf. Garrett stayed home with me. The kids were good. They both fell asleep at 7 but woke up after about an hour. We watched Thomas the Train.

Rob and Anastasia picked up Tommy and Charlie from Schooner so they wouldn't have to be there so late. They took them swimming. I'm a little jealous. Tom will pick them up on his way home.

I'm tired. Another long but good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment