Friday, June 20, 2014

June 19, 2014

Thursday 

This morning I took Joe and Charlie for haircuts with Tara. It was stressful getting out of the house because Charlie lost one of his shoes, so he went with just one shoe.  Tara used to cut our hair before we moved away from Springville. We hadn't seen her in a long time so it was good to catch up. 

Next, we stopped at Lowes for flowers to plant at my mom's. Then we went to Tim Horton's. When we got home I started planting. Carol and her kids arrived while I was planting flowers so she helped me. 

Mom and Dad had been working on opening the pool since we got here, and the kids couldn't wait any longer. They went in, the water was 74 degrees. Crazy kids, but they had a blast.

Darryl arrived after work with hot dogs and Italian sausage patties. Grandpa Gary cooked them up on the grill and we had to fight the kids for the sausages.

Darryl collected wood and made a fire. I had bought stuff for s'mores and we made them. After a while I was the last one left at the fire. It was the mosquitos and I. I stayed out there a while, then came in where everyone was watching old videos taken by grandpa. Ben was 8 and playing guitar at the state fair in Syracuse. Tommy was around my feet and I was pregnant with Charlie.

Jake started playing mandolin in the living room so some of us joined him, TJ on dobro, Tommy on guitar, Tom on bass, Angelica on banjo, and me on fiddle! Ha!! Callie and Charlie joined in on their fiddles too. What fun! We did a lot today.

By the way, I found Charlie's missing shoe in the van. The one he was wearing was in the house. Punk. 








No comments:

Post a Comment