Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 13, 2013

Saturday


The band left in the GMC towing the trailer at 11 AM. I packed a food cooler and filled the 5 gallon water cooler. Garrett ran out and bought me ice. The rest of us loaded in the RV and headed to Key West for Mel Fisher Days. Our generator quit about 5 miles down the road so we had no air for the day.


The band was setting up when we got there. We had 3 sets from 3 to about 7:30. The Newtons played and so did River and Tiger and CW. It rained for about 15 minutes in the middle of the show. They had a section of Duvall St. closed near Sloppy Joes and that's where the stage was set up.


I spent some time in the RV crocheting and being a referee for Tommy, Charlie, and Ian. I walked around a little bit and also went with Tom on a few of his jobs. That took about an hour. I bought the little boys gelato. 


It started sprinkling on their last song and then turned into rain. I packed up the CDs and stayed in the RV while they broke down the equipment. I really wanted to walk to Kilwins and buy chocolate but I didn't.  Kim started her maternity leave this week. A few people asked me about her. I think Ben is feeling some pressure with her not there. We will see how Monday's show at Sloppy's goes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment