Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Monday

I went walking this morning. I must admit that the nutrition book I have been listening to has been a little boring, so I bought a book about the music business and started listening to that. So far so good. If it continues to be good I will make the older boys listen to it too.

As I got out of the shower, Kim called and wanted to take Charlie to Key West with her, so I had to wake him up and get him dressed as she was almost here. I made oatmeal for Joe, Charlie, Tommy, and me. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I wake Joe up every morning between 8 and 9 and spoon feed him yogurt. Then he goes back to sleep until I'm back from my walk and the real breakfast is ready. We are trying to keep his blood sugar from dropping too low. 

I made Tommy and Garrett finish the dishes from last night. I cleaned out the clutter under Tom's desk. Every day for the last two weeks I have been cleaning up something in my room. I had baskets of roving under my quilt frame that are now in bins under my bed. Stuff like that. 

I'm obsessed with Irish crochet lately. I copied some patterns to try. I also spent some time trying to clear off the kitchen table. Laptops, books, dishes, and the lacemaking stuff.

I helped Tommy pick up the floor in the boys room. We didn't get it all done, but cleaned up Lego, garbage, dirty socks. The younger boys had pulled out the dress-up costume bag  a few days ago, so we had to pick it all up and get it back in the bag. Ed had his stuff in a broken, dirty cardboard box under his bed. I had one plastic bin left from my room so I moved his stuff into it and slid it under the bed.

Next, I was off to the post office with my school portfolio papers. My plan was to have them in the mail the third week of June. I had them finished about 2 weeks ago and they had been sitting on the counter waiting to go. Yesterday Callie got plum all over the top sheet. I wiped it off and decided it was get them out of here. So that is done. They are mailed. Now I can start ordering books for the new school year. I don't have that many to get.

I chopped up a salad, added leftover beans from last night, and topped it off with strawberries and mango. I have to make it yummy or I won't want to eat it. Then I had to crack the whip to get them into the van to go to Sloppy's. While I was sweating in the hot van waiting for all the late kids, Ed was upstairs starting a cup on fire in the microwave. It was a metal travel mug. I had to point out to him twice that it was metal. You have to think, Ed.

I ate my food while Ben drove. I picked at the kids left over food at Sloppy's. Then Rob asked me to meet him and he took me to the Vegan Cafe. It was my first time there. TJ, Ang, Ed, and Nina like to go there. I wasn't hungry but ate some more. Then I took my leftovers back to Sloppy's for a treat for Ed and Nina. I was just in time for their first break. 

After Charlie and Tommy sang "Charlie Brown" we walked to Duetto's for gelato. (I didn't get any).
 
The night finished the usual way with a stop at Winn Dixie just before 11 PM for popsicles for Charlie. I read  "Captain Underpants" to Charlie, finished a chapter of Key West history to Tom, and went to bed. The older kids had 3 friends staying over. They were kind of loud but then watched a movie.

The pictures are costumes from the bag, (my little green men), oatmeal, and lunch/supper.





No comments:

Post a Comment