Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013

I walked to Walgreens to buy printer paper. It's 2 miles there and back. A little shorter than my normal walk but sometimes I get bored walking in circles. 

Ed made pancakes so I ate 2 of those when I got home. My school portfolios sat on the kitchen counter all day and didn't get mailed. I did school with Charlie and then did some bookkeeping. I went to our Amazon account and printed business receipts  for February. Maybe I'll get the hang of this business work stuff. If not, at least I tried. 

Ben finally folded some laundry. I hoped to get to Salvation Army today but didn't make it. I didn't have time to make myself supper so I ate at church tonight. I haven't felt like cooking this week. 

The band had a gig but I didn't go. When I got home from church I reviewed some of the lace making video and got busy crocheting. I'm enjoying the instructor's Irish accent. I hope I actually make something and that it is pretty. I hope I'm not wasting my time, although I tell the kids that learning is not wasting time. :0)

Tom was annoying tonight. I think he was just taking out his frustrations about Joe on me. Nina texted him and said Joe didn't pack a cooler and was acting weird. He ate before he left and I figured they would have to buy something to eat. Tom is so convinced his seizures are sugar related but I don't know. Good nutrition is always a great idea, but I'm not convinced low blood sugar is causing the seizures. I just want them to stop. 

Joe tried riding a bike home from the studio today but the other kids wouldn't let him. Tom heard about that too and was complaining to me about how Joe doesn't take care of himself. I tried to point out how Joe must feel. He can't do anything. Yes, that was dumb, but he must be frustrated. He also complained that Joe wastes time. That seems to be a Doerfel boy trait. Laziness. But I cannot be everyone's ambition or motivation. It's hard enough being in charge of my own. Joe has a Dr. appointment in about two weeks. Maybe it will help to talk to the Dr. 

I did make coconut milk yogurt earlier today and tonight after church made granola. I need to finalize plans for school this year. Some things are done, some are not. Maybe tomorrow I should go to the beach at Bahia Honda or go swimming at Ida's.  I spend my whole day doing things I need to get done but don't do anything with the kids. I had plans to do some art with the kids this summer and we haven't even started yet. "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow. You're only a day away."

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mom Doerfel! My husband and I were in Key West a little over a week ago, and a friend HIGHLY recommended that we catch the band at Sloppy Joes, which we did. Loved ur boys so much that we stayed for all three sets. So talented! I "liked" you on FB and have been enjoying reading your blog. I live in Vero Beach, Fl now (in between W. Palm and Cocoa Bch), but used to live in the Upper Keys. It is quite an interesting lifestyle living there, no? lol I knew you all must be Christians when I heard the band playing "leaning on the everlasting arms...". Never imagined Id hear that at Sloppy Joes. lol Now I see in your blog that you attend church. Can I ask where? I used to attended Island Community Church in Islamorada many, many years ago (1979-1987). Keep up the good work!! Wish I'd had a chance to meet you and say hello at Sloppys. God Bless you and your family. <3 Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to the Vineyard on Big Pine Key. We played a concert at the Islamorada Christian School the first time we came to the Keys. :0)

    ReplyDelete