Monday, July 28, 2014

July 27, 2014

Sunday

I woke up feeling much better, after a good night's sleep. Went to church. Some of the band members from "Good Company" were in the worship band this morning. We all enjoyed that.

After church I took Tommy to Bealls and Walgreens to get a few last things for camp tomorrow. Came home and relaxed a little. Then I made vegan chili with TVP (textured vegetable protein). I've been wanting to try it and finally had a little time and all the ingredients. It was wonderful. It will really help with more variety in my menu planning.

Nina had her regular afternoon gig at Sunset Pier. The rest of the band left for Schooner Wharf at 4:30. A part of me wanted to go, but a bigger part thought I needed to rest up a little more before sitting on a bench in the heat sweating for hours. It has been soooo hot here, one of the top ten hottest Julys here in the Keys.

So, I didn't go. I took chili and cornbread over to Angelica for a treat for their supper. Hung out a little. Then went to church. After church I stopped at the house to see if the younger boys wanted to go to Boondocks with me to see the band "Good Company" for the last time. They are going back to Nashville. Tommy was home and he went with me.

Randy and Micky were there and we sat with them. It was pretty busy. I like it so much better when it's not. The last two weeks it was slow and personable. Not tonight. But the band was great, and I was sitting with good company, so it was all good.

Went home at 10 and went to bed. I haven't been taking any pictures lately. I really like putting them in my blog.

Here's an old pic Bill Ward put up on FB. Good memories. Thanks Bill!

1 comment:

  1. You said you were sitting with "good company".....you meant the band, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete