Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014

This morning tom and I did a few errands. We  picked up Ailsa and went to Sea Camp to get applications for Tommy and Ailsa. We stopped at Walgreens and NAPA, but NAPA was closed. Tom needed a battery for his car. It was dead when we got back from our trip and won't charge. 

This morning I was reminded of my favorite July 4ths, spent at home outside with neighbors, and home with just our kids around a campfire under the big sky. Just simple days.

When we got home, I altered a red and white dress. It was long and I cut it off just above the knee and hemmed it. Perfect!! I ordered 3 pizzas to take to the gig at Hawk's Cay.  They were feeding only 10 of us and we brought 15 people, so the pizza was for the friends that came.

We set up, ate, and hung out in a big, air-conditioned room. The little kids swam. The extra kids we had with us were Jonathan, Luke, Ailsa, Ian, and Ariel. Tommy and Charlie got grounded from their iPads for a week. They were supposed to be outside swimming but were on the iPads instead.

I sat with Randy and Micky. The fireworks started at the end of our last song. When we went back to our room, the staff left us some yummy desserts. :0) 

We packed it all up and drove home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment