Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10, 2013

This morning I walked to Kim's house. My usual walk to the park is getting boring. It's three miles to Kim's house. Then she drove me home. Everyone did chores half-heartedly today. I swept the screened-in porch. There were too many dead wormy things that came up during the rain and they were all over the porch. Gross!

The boys started school. I folded laundry, like a week and a half's worth. Not fun. I think the things I hate most in life are doing our taxes, and then folding laundry. They both put me in a bad mood.

Finally, Joe found me a screwdriver and I was able to take my grain mill apart, clean it, and grind my first wheat berries. I did it! I made pizza dough. I made a sauce out of peanut butter, garlic, lemon juice, dates, and some spices. I roasted peppers, onions, and mushrooms in the oven. I steamed some broccoli and put it all on the pizza. I'm sad to say it wasn't as yummy as I had hoped, but it was good.

I went over Garrett's math with him. Then he went over to church to work. Tommy and Aaron went too. After Tom and I ate my pizza, we went too.

After church I went to Winn-Dixie to buy a few things. Our fridge is stuffed but I was out of onions, celery, and carrots. I need those every day.

I put the food away. Tom was watching hockey. I sat in my queen's chair and tried to figure out what to do about Kim's silver dress that she needs for an important gig. Costumes! I think we figured it out. Now we have to make it.

I spun some yellow wool and yellow sparkle for a half hour and then read a "Curious George" book to Charlie. I might join Tom in the hot tub, but I don't like going in when I'm already hot.

TJ and family are supposed to be home tonight or tomorrow. I will be glad to have them home again. We missed them.

1 comment:

  1. The wool depicted is beautiful, your peanut butter pizza sauce intrigues me, and I like how you sat in your queen's chair and focused on the what's and how's of Kim's silver dress! Oh, and Joe finding you a screwdriver ... how nice! Did you need a flat head rather than a Phillips? At my place all of a sudden I have 10 Phillips but no standard. Things go into another dimension some times. Keep writing. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete