Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013

Monday

This morning I went walking with Joe, showered, and made 4 bowls of oatmeal. We were out of berries so Joe and I had mango, kiwi, and apples in ours. Tommy ate his with applesauce, and Charlie ate his with a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm trying to find a fruit he likes to sweeten it with instead of sugar. His time is running out. If he doesn't pick something he might be eating it plain.

Kurt somehow missed his bus from Liza's house and had to take a taxi from Baby's Coffee to Big Pine, a costly mistake, $88.00 for that ride!
Band practice was at noon. They practiced originals, getting ready for the Bay Jam Festival in Islamorada.

Garrett and I picked up the trashed living room. He threw out the cardboard mountain by the door. We moved the furniture and swept up the dirt, garbage, Lego, and math manipulatives.

Tommy and Garrett did their history and vocab on the computer while I did math and phonics with Charlie. At 2:30 I chopped onions, bok choy, and Swiss chard for my lunch.

The band came back to hurry to get ready to leave for Sloppy Joes at 3:30. I grabbed my cooked veggies, my salad, the boys iPads and PSPs, my knitting, and Garrett and Tommy's math books.

Ed had bought a new display stand for CDs and stickers and the TV, so Ed had to set it up. The kids ordered food and I got the CDs set up. During the first song I got a text from Rob to meet him across the street for a taco. I jumped at the chance to escape from everyone.

Sloppy's was packed all night. The kids were great. Gale and Kelly showed up and we were all happy to see them. We drove home, the boys playing games and Tom talking.

Here's a pic of my spinning from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment