Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7, 2013

Sunday

I woke Tommy and Charlie up earlier today to go to the 9:30 service. The big kids did worship today, and I stayed thru worship in the next service. Then Charlie and I rode our bikes home to get ready to leave for our gig. I made 7 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a giant salad. Joe half filled the 5 gallon water cooler with water so we could add ice when we stopped for gas.

Jim went with us. Charlie and I were disappointed that Rob didn't
make it. Kim was a little late. Charlie and I rode with her. She drove separate so she could get home sooner.

The drive was 1 hour, 15 minutes to Bay Jam in Islamorada. It was a good gig, but the band had some technical difficulties with the sound so they were disappointed. I told them nothing was wasted. Everything is a learning experience. They met some new people.

One of my favorite Key's artists was there, Noel Skiba. She painted three pictures during the kids' set, up front next to the stage. Very cool!

Kim left with Ben and Kurt. I had a little too much sun and set up camp in the shade outside the van and did more sewing on Callie's dress. Tom took Charlie swimming at the beach right there. Finally, Ed and Nina found them and we went home.



No comments:

Post a Comment