Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Monday

I woke up an hour early this morning. Did my devos and read for an hour. I tried to wake Joe up at 9 to walk with me but he was too tired.

After my walk, I showered and made breakfast for Joe, Charlie, and me. After bugging Garrett for 1 1/2 hours, he finally got up and made himself a grilled cheese sandwich, and Tommy ate a leftover peanut butter and jelly from yesterday.

Tommy did all his independent schoolwork while I did the dishes. I did school with Charlie and then literature with Tommy and Garrett. We are reading a book called "Alone, yet not Alone." It's about two sisters captured by Indians during the French and Indian War.

I took a few minute break to sit on the wicker swing and drink some water and I heard a loud noise, a loud motorcycle, and then a man yelling. I peeked around the corner of the house. He was towing a long camper and didn't take the turn wide enough. The camper had hit the stop sign, scratching down the side and damaging the wheel well. I felt so bad for the guy. He was so upset. I asked if I could do anything to help, but of course there was really nothing I could do. Then Ben came down and held the sign down so the man could get unstuck. He said he had just bought it one block away. It was his first time towing. He was supposed to tow it all the way to Miami and didn't know how he was going to do it.

After that we finished school and got ready to leave for Sloppy Joes. Bobby made macaroni and cheese before we left and they all chowed down.

Gale and Kelly brought a crew of people to the show. There was also the owner of the music store in WNY where the boys used to take lessons when they were little. What a cool surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment