Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Monday

We have been go, go, going for a few days and this morning I stopped. We had a double Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday were full. We are always out late. I'm tired. I need to, and want to, stay home. I need to clean my room and clear off my desk.

The first thing I did was load the dishwasher and wash dishes. The kitchen was trashed and doing dishes is the most hated chore of the kids. I thought they might enjoy picking chores more today if the dish job was eliminated.

This morning there was no fruit for oatmeal. I could have used dried fruit and I found one pear in the fridge but I just needed something else, like the breakfast fairy spreading out a Buffett. But she must have gotten lost. Nina made French toast for a few people so I made some for Tommy, Charlie, and me. Nina and Ed cleaned the living room and the bathroom. I think they are the only ones who did chores today. I'll crack the whip tomorrow. No energy today.

Since I couldn't get my act together, the boys acted like they were doing school and I went in the hot tub. Charlie joined me. I showered and went to Winn-Dixie for fruit, granola ingredients, soy and almond milk, and Greek yogurt for Tom.

When I got back, I had a half hour to put stuff away, make lunch for Tom and I, and get ready to leave for Sloppy Joes. And to make things worse, the schoolboys wasted their time talking and making dumb faces and throwing things at each other while I was gone. I had bought them some orange juice but didn't let them have it because they were so naughty.

While we drove I ate my leftover chard from yesterday, a new salad, and cantaloupe with mango, which was a great combination. I'll do that again. We picked up TJ at a plaza in Key West. He and Angelica had been running errands.

The show tonight was good. The crowd LOVED Orange Blossom Special! They went crazy. After the first set I took the boys for soft serve ice cream and treated myself to a $3.50 peanut butter cup from Kilwin's. That's when my day started getting better. :0)

I met a man from North Collins. That's the town where we bought our first house. He knew our old neighbors from across the street. His daughter is marrying their son, so that was pretty cool. He mentioned a murder that happened three houses away from our old house in 2010. We moved from there 19 years ago, but I was curious so I googled it, and I am wowed.

A 23 year old girl was murdered by her mother and other hideous things by her brother. I remember them. There were about 5 kids in their family. They played in our yard with our kids. I remembered their names. The one little boy had reddish hair and reminded me of the kid from the Andy Griffith Show. Sometimes a girl would come with them, and she wanted to hide. She didn't want to go home. Her brothers said she didn't want someone to see her. I can't remember who, a father or an uncle or what. It is so weird. They lived in a dumpy, scary apartment house on the corner.

I am so glad we moved away from there.

When we got home, I was so hungry. It's a bad time to be hungry, 11 o'clock at night. It makes me grumpy because I'm not going to cook but I need to eat and I don't know what to eat. The only thing made was salad and I did not want salad. I finally made a piece of toast with peanut butter and strawberries.

I let the boys watch 1/2 hour of cartoons and then shooed them off to bed at midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment