Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 18, 2014

Saturday


I went for my walk. It was cold again. Tommy went to the car wash at church. The band went to their first gig in Key West. 


One of our favorite places to play, Salty's in Marathon, burned to the ground early this morning . :0( We are all really bummed about it. 


I ran to Walgreens for guaze for Garrett. I tried cleaning off my desk and swept the kitchen. At 3 o'clock Tommy, Charlie, and I left for our gig at the Key West Seafood Festival. Ed packed the lighting stuff in his van and I was the courier. We had to stop and get gas. Ed always leaves his van on "E" and that doesn't stand for Eddy.


Traffic was heavy but we made it to the seafood fest and even parked. We walked around to scope everything out. There was the coolest robot who talked to the kids. He was very funny, joking and poking fun at everyone. Now I want one. :0) He was all remote control and there was a man speaking for him and making him move. 


The temp was cold, 61 with a breeze. I got a few chairs right in front of the stage. Ed live streamed the show, and I ended up being the camera man, but using iPhones. We started an hour late because the previous band got off the stage when we were supposed to start. But Ed told people we were starting at 6, so we had the live stream running. It ran out of battery about the 3rd or 4th song. Then I switched to Ben's phone and they charged Ed's phone. It was a pain. And then it died during the last song. We did an encore of "Dead Time," one of my favorite songs. 


I was trying to write this on the ride home, but I was falling asleep. The nurse came  to the house and pulled

out the drain tube a little bit. He has to go back to the Dr. on  Monday. 


I made a cup of Chai tea and went to bed. I'm usually the first one to bed.


Another day done.





No comments:

Post a Comment