Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26, 2014

Sunday

I woke up early and had some time to myself. Callie woke up first and I made and fed her oatmeal with lots of blueberries.  I snuck in a quick shower, then Jake woke up and I fed him. I woke up Charlie and got him dressed. All the older kids went to church earlier. 

We saw TJ and Angelica at church. They spent more than 30 hours traveling for their gig in CA. They came over after church to move the car seats into their truck and get the kids bags. 

I watered the plants on the porch and relaxed with my feet up knitting, while Tom and Joe watched hockey. The younger boys played video games. After a while Tom and I took a ride to a little spot on the gulf side, but the tide was too high and we could't walk out far. So we stopped at a friend's house and sat out on their dock by the water. It was too early for the sunset, but I just wanted to sit.

When we got home I sat in the kitchen knitting and listening to my book. I had to rip out my sock for the third time. It was still too tight. Now it is finally right. 

When the boys went to hockey I put leftovers in the oven and made chocolate chip cookies. I did the dishes from yesterday and today.  The boys came back and we ate and watched more hockey. Thank goodness for knitting. It gives me something to do during all these hockey games. What I should be doing is finishing some quilts.

I'm annoyed with Aaron. He wore Tommy's new sneakers when he left yesterday morning. Tommy just got them. And twice yesterday evening he took chips from Jake and Charlie. 

I changed Garrett's bandage and got the younger boys ready for bed. I read "Farmer Boy" to Charlie and we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment